Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

OK, so I don't quite have as much love for Valentine's Day as I do for Easter, but one thing that Valentine's Day has going for it is the potential for crafting.  A whole holiday revolving around cute paper products?  YES please!  Last week I hosted a Valentine's crafternoon and I wanted to share some of the amazing creations of my friends, in the hopes that it will inspire everyone everywhere to make someone a really great valentine.  Let's go back in time one week.  (As they would say in Wayne's World, "doodly doo doodly doo doodly doo...")

To fuel the crafts, I set out some cute finger foods.
(Note the in-appropriate-color-scheme Pyrex!)

My helper-friend Krystal, demonstrating how delicious (and festive) radishes are!

We had a great turn-out, despite it being Super Bowl Sunday.  I had to add more chairs to the table and wished I had left the extra leaf in for more glitter space.  The girls mid-craft:
(What's that you say?  What am I wearing?  What, you don't own a vintage cardigan covered in so many pink sequin it weighs five pounds?  I was trying to dress festive!)

The creativity of my friends never ceases to amaze me.  Check out the finished products.
 
Cuteness

 
More cuteness:


 
MORE cuteness!



OK, enough cuteness, let's go for some hilarious cuteness.  Put a bird on it, courtesy of Becca (and if you haven't seen the "Put a Bird On It" sketch from Portlandia do it.)

And further adorableness from Monica:

Are you overwhelmed with pink and red and amazing?  I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day filled with as much love, glitter, and chocolate as you can handle!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! It's parties like these that make me lament the fact we don't live in the same city :(

    But, getting a Valentine's Day card in the mail from you was pretty awesome, it basically made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, chello! We put birds on it. Great success.

    ReplyDelete